Today is your last day to work on the research paper before it’s due on Thursday. You may turn it in any time on Thursday, so after school is fine.
Here is a final checklist before you turn in your work. Please go through all of the steps!
* Do cite all sources, even if you paraphrase.
* Your Works Cited and your internal citations should match.
* Do have someone else edit your paper. It makes a big difference.
* Do read your paper out loud, and backwards, to catch spelling errors and other weirdness.
* Do check for words/expressions that are commonly confused to be sure you used them correctly.
* Don’t use you—ever—in any form.
* No 1st person! If you don’t know what this means, Google “first person pronouns”.
* Avoid contractions—they are considered “informal usage.”
* Don’t use exclamation points or question marks unless they are used in information you are directly quoting.
* Don’t use slang. Keep formal style and don’t “talk to” the reader.
Here is the link on Classroom to turn in your final draft.
1. You will need to open your edited rough draft.
2. In Classroom, open the assignment for Final Draft.
3. Create a new GoogleDoc.
4. Go to your RD.
5. Do Control+A (select all) and Control+C (copy)
6. Go to your FD.
7. Do Control+V (paste).
8. Read over it to catch any last minute weirdness.
9. Click Turn In
10. Raise the roof ’cause you’re done.