Today we are in the computer lab to finish up the research paper. Please use the checklist below before turning in your paper.
Please go through all of the steps!
* Do cite all sources, even if you paraphrase.
* Your Works Cited and your internal citations should match.
* Do have someone else edit your paper. It makes a big difference.
* Do read your paper out loud, and backwards, to catch spelling errors and other weirdness.
* Do check for words/expressions that are commonly confused to be sure you used them correctly.
* Don’t use you—ever—in any form.
* No 1st person! If you don’t know what this means, Google “first person pronouns”.
* Avoid contractions—they are considered “informal usage.”
* Don’t use exclamation points or question marks unless they are used in information you are directly quoting.
* Don’t use slang. Keep formal style and don’t “talk to” the reader.